Welcome to This Week in Children’s Ministry, the part of the Northstar website where we take a look at what the kids are learning on Sunday morning and keep you up to date with what’s coming up and what your family can begin looking forward to!
- This week, our Jumpstart kids learned about Jesus’ last moments on earth, before his ascension into Heaven. They heard about Jesus’ Great Commission and how He gave His disciples (and us!) a mission: to tell everyone in the world about Him!
- Bottom Line – I can put others first by doing what Jesus said.
- This week, talk to your kids about what it means to talk to others about Jesus.
- Looking for more ideas? Click here for this month’s Jumpstart Parent Cue.
- In our Bloom classes, the kids talked about Peter and how he told people that “Jesus is the best!” They found out how important it is for us to try and tell people about Jesus, too. And they got to practice, using a megaphone, that way they could say that “Jesus is the best!” in their loudest possible voice!
- Bottom Line – Jesus is the best!
- This week, be sure to ask your kids about the puppets they made and how they are able to use those puppets to practice telling people about Jesus.
- Looking for more ideas? Click here for this month’s Bloom Parent Cue.
Also, on Sunday morning during the 9:00 service, we hosted our first Spiritual Parenting and Baptism class. Jeff and Neal did a great job leading a discussion with a group of parents about how to respond when kids begin asking the tough questions about their faith and spirituality. It was exciting to see so many parents engaged and willing to disciple their own children in their individual walks with Jesus. Thank you to all who joined us in the library!