What do you do to notify a lot of people in a short amount of time that church is canceled?
Last fall, when the power went out at BMS, we were able to get out the word to most people through email and social media. However, the incident was a great encouragement to us to be better prepared for inclement weather notifications and other alerts.
We want to urge you to visit our connections website at http://my.northstarfamily.org and enable text notifications. MyNorthstar is our behind-the-scenes communication site. In addition to keeping up with your small group, tracking your giving and discovering ways to respond to needs, you can also have texting features set up for alerts and inclement weather notices over the upcoming winter.
Here are instructions:
- Set up your account at my.northstarfamily.org.
- Log in to your site and click “My Settings” > “Communication Settings” at the top right side of the page.
- In the “Send me text messages from group leaders” column, select your carrier from the pulldown menu and verify or add your mobile number to the field available.
- Finally, select the Groups from which you wish to receive text messages. Make sure the Blacksburg Members and Attenders group is enabled.
- Once you have enabled the Groups you want to receive alerts from, click “Save Settings” at the bottom.