We love our summer small groups format, because it gives everyone in our church an opportunity to come together, meet one another and focus. We call it #BIGsmallGroup, and it began Wednesday, June 3 with a kickoff picnic at Nellies Cave Park.
Each Wednesday after that, we met in a large group session to hear a brief devotional and testimony from a member. Then we moved into small groups for discussion, fellowship and questions.
- Men’s & Women’s Groups (will discuss the sermon from the prior Sunday during the month of June)
- For July (Electives & Training):
- Evangelism 101
- God’s Heart for the Nations
- 5 Love Languages
- D28 Leader Training
- When Helping Hurts
- MyNorthstar 101 (Learning how to use Northstar’s connection website)
Also during July, we will offer training opportunities for leaders of small groups, Sunday morning serve teams, leadership teams and other practical leadership helps. The time together will also help us prepare as a church for days ahead as we seek to honor God by continuing to reach out to the neighborhoods and nations around us.
- Time: Begins Wednesday June 3 at 6:00pm, and runs weekly through July 29
- Location: Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church (except for June 17 which will be at BCF)
If you will not be in the NRV this summer, we plan on videoing the large group sessions, so you can still join in and learn and enjoy the time with us online!