Do you ever approach the Bible and just feel…overwhelmed?
You want to study God’s Word, but you don’t know where to start! There is so much historical and cultural context that you don’t know how to wade through. Maybe you don’t know how all of the Bible connects, or IF it all connects, or maybe you just struggle to understand all the different types of literature in Scripture (wait, there’s more than one type of biblical literature??).
This is not just for new Christians.
Even those who have been Christians for awhile may have never learned much about Scripture and can feel stuck when it comes to engaging with God’s Word. If you are new to faith in Jesus, you may not know a lot about the Bible or how to read/study it. If you struggle with feeling this way when it comes to the Bible, New(ish) Christians Only is for you!
There may be more sessions of New(ish) Christians Only, but for this first one on November 9, our focus is going to be on the Bible. We will discuss questions like this:
- What is the history of the Bible, how did it come to be?
- Who wrote the Bible, God or man?
- What does “inspired and inerrant” mean?
- What are the different genres of biblical literature?
- Does everything in the Bible apply to me?
- How do we interpret the Bible?
Matt Simpson will walk through these questions and more in an engaging, discussion-based format. You will also receive some helpful materials and resources to help you remember what you learn, and study more on your own. There will be coffee and some light breakfast as well, please bring $5/person to help offset the costs for all the material and food.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpOG5AW8MKg&w=560&h=315]
At a glance…
- When: November 9, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Where: Northstar Ministry Center, 200 Country Club Dr. SW, Blacksburg, Suite D-1.
- What to do: RSVP here!