- Date: March 22, 2014 • 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Christiansburg Baptist Church (many thanks to them for providing the space!)
- Cost: $40 (includes lunch)
- Facilitator: Ben Phillips, Family Ministry Team leader for the Arkansas Baptist State Convention
Prepare/Enrich is a powerful assessment tool for ministries and churches to use with couples who are engaged or married. The training provides leaders with resources and expertise in counseling, equipping and encouraging those who are entering marriage or needing relationship renewal or counseling.
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help cou- ples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples..
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
For leaders, Prepare/Enrich will provide you with thorough training on the program, giving you the skills you need to use the Prepare/Enrich materials most effectively. You’ll learn how to:
- Administer the online assessment
- Interpret couple’s reports
- Provide useful feedback to couples
- Guide couple’s exercises
- Teach relationship skills
- Work more effectively with couples