On Sunday, November 4, we celebrated all that we’ve seen God do during our Immeasurably More building campaign and we relaunched the campaign for an additional 18 months. Our challenge, or goal if you prefer, is to move into our future church home debt-free. It is a BIG challenge, but we serve a BIG God.
Throughout the Old and New Testaments, we see that from the beginning of time to when Jesus walked on earth, God has been after our hearts and our relationship with Him. It has been communicated many different times by different people that we don’t believe our commitments to the campaign are just about money. We believe our commitments should come out of our love relationship with Him and not out of a compulsion to give more money. And let’s be honest, there is NO way that we alone can do this. We need God’s loving provision to accomplish a task this size!
Jeff challenged everyone to pray over the last few weeks to determine what they felt like they were being led to give. [listen to the message here] We genuinely hope you have taken time to pray through how you can give and support this project.
- On the front of the card, please provide your name, address, phone number and email. This is not so we can spam up your mailboxes; we want to provide you with updates and encouragements as we venture through the next 18 months together.
- Indicate how you will be specifically committing. Your choices are to give to the building campaign, and/or give regularly to the church, and/or receive regular updates about the project.
- On the back of the card, there is a box for you to fill in your total goal for the Immeasurably More: Rooted campaign. If you are giving to the building campaign, include the total amount you will be giving over the next 18 months in this box.
- Under that, there is a box for your goal for regular giving to the church. If you are committing to giving regularly to the church, you will want to include the total amount you will be giving over the next 18 months.
- Under that box, there is a box for you to include the sum of your total amount to the building campaign and your total amount to regular giving.
- Beside that, you’ll want to write the same sum total.
- The final box is for the monthly amount you will be giving.
During our worship service this Sunday, November 25, we are asking everyone to bring their signed and completed commitment card back to the Middle School and turn them in. If you have misplaced your commitment card, be sure to stop by the Immeasurably More table in the lobby before service to get a new one! If you are going to be out of town this weekend, you can fill out your pledge online.
I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, and to know Christ’s love that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 4:17-19