Sunday, April 30, 2017 was Northstar’s Immeasurably More Update Sunday. Since launching our initiative in 2014 with the purchase of 10 acres of land in Blacksburg, it’s deeply encouraging to our church family what God has done.
Listen to the podcast here, and review the slides below as Jeff shares about progress in our campaign and spiritual reminders.
“This is not a practical project but a spiritual adventure.”
We were reminded on this Sunday that we cannot move locations without being grounded in our relationship with Jesus as a church. Only when we find all our contentment in our relationship with Jesus can we release our grip on the things and people (both good and bad) that we’ve turned to for contentment. God alone is our source of true contentment.
We were also reminded that no building can “house” God; we are called to be His church.
“The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.” (Acts 17.24-25)
We are the body of Christ, and so in a way… God lives in a mobile home.
“Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)
This ministry center will provide us as the church with a launch pad, a diving board and a focal point to reflect Jesus to our community. Because the mission of God is bigger than a ministry center, we are eager to remain grounded in our DNA as His church while embracing this project.
We hope that you’ll be as excited as we are to learn that Northstar is ready to begin pursuing financing, identifying a general contractor and to see dirt moving and our first ministry center rising from the ground.
Here are ways we are asking our members and attenders to respond:
- Pray. Sign up for a monthly prayer time with our prayer team.
- Review your commitment/pledge.
- Make a commitment/pledge.
- Share the project with family and friends. www.dontgo.be/more. You can also subscribe to new posts on the site so you’ll be kept updated as we move forward.
- Realize this is not a practical project but a spiritual adventure — that our goal is to encourage one another throughout this process – to find all our contentment and satisfaction in our relationship with Jesus Christ.