Many people ask, “Why is it important to join a church?” It’s a great question, and here are our four reasons to join a church:
- It's biblical to join a church.
- It's spiritually encouraging to join a church.
- It's socially necessary to join a church.
- Joining a church helps you live a mission-centered life.
Discovering Northstar is our membership class.
It is a great way to discover the who, what, when, where and why of Northstar. We cover our vision, values and ministry hopes as well as provide a time of Q&A. Groups are scheduled for the first Sunday of each month, normally. It is a one-session group and does not obligate you to join.
The three goals of Discovering Northstar are
Five things you’ll learn during Discovering Northstar
- To help you see the value of uniting with the Northstar family.
- To allow you to affirm your belief in Jesus.
- To encourage you to be on mission with us.
Attending Discovering Northstar does not obligate you to join. It is simply a necessary first step toward membership.
- Our Salvation: We embrace a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Our Love: Because God is love, we also love Him and one another. Our relationships with God and others are our greatest joy.
- Our Beliefs: What we embrace as the teachings of Scripture.
- Our Structure: How Northstar is organized for leadership, development and discipleship.
- Our Strategy & Vision: We agree on the overall plan we will use to reach our community and the compelling future that God has for us as we follow Him.
Northstar is a covenant membership church.
That means that we renew our church membership on an annual basis and that our membership is centered around a membership covenant. (see below) Having a covenant membership means that we want membership to be meaningful.