We need Easter.
Easter is the glory of Christianity. On Easter we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and reflect upon His betrayal, arrest, crucifixion and death. We cannot emphasize enough how important this time of year is for our faith and also to help encourage faith in others.
“Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!” (Luke 24:6)
If you haven’t been invited to an Easter service – at a church near you – consider this your invitation! We would love for you to join us for our Easter services this year! Even if you’re not a Christian, you are welcome and wanted! We truly believe that you’ll be encouraged, refreshed and simply enjoy the message you hear through song and preaching – that Jesus loves us so much that He gave His life for all who will believe!
So much is dependent on the completion date of our new building on Prices Fork! We are hoping to be worshipping there on Easter Sunday. But stay tuned to our website and social media for latest news. Here’s our tentative schedule:
- March 28 is Palm Sunday! We will have meet at Gracelife Baptist Church at 5:00 p.m., like we have been. This Sunday is a joyful time of worship that looks back to Jesus’ final, triumphal entry into Jerusalem (Matthew 21:1-17; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:29-40; John 12:12-19).
- April 2 is Good Friday! This service will be held at 6:00 p.m., at our new facility on 3929 Prices Fork Road. It will be approximately one hour, designed for your reflection on the crucifixion. There will be childcare and children’s ministry available.
- April 4 is Easter Sunday! We will have two celebration services at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. at our new facility. It is important that you RSVP ahead of time for these services so that we can prepare and communicate adequately for COVID safety and cleaning measures.
“Eighty-two percent of the unchurched are at least somewhat likely to attend church if invited.” – Dr. Thom Rainer
Help us spread the news in the New River Valley! Invite your friends, neighbors, and coworkers to our services! Our services will be in-person AND online!
- Pick up some Easter postcards at church or the church office in the weeks ahead and pass them out in the community. A personal invitation with your encouragement to attend has a significant likelihood of someone taking a step closer to understanding how much God loves them through Jesus.
- Please check out this post for information related to COVID safety and protocols.