Hopefully you have heard that the Immeasurably More team entered into a value-engineering phase of the building process after selecting a contractor. If you have not, click here: Update: VE Phase!
These are exciting days for our church as we now begin moving toward construction this fall. Our first VE meeting took place on Tuesday evening, May 29 and included building team members, contractor, and the architect. The value-engineering process is about being the best stewards we can be with the money God has given us. The purpose of the meeting was to create a list of ideas and changes to decrease cost without changing the overall design and vision of the building plans. This is a standard part of any construction process.
We identified changes in this meeting in three categories:
- changes that would easy to make (less expensive materials, small design adjustments, etc.)
- changes that would required substantial adjustments to the overall design in order to reduce costs but that would not impede our vision and goals for the facility
- changes that are significant adjustments to the design and/or process (such as phasing the building, reducing square footage, etc)
Next steps include:
- Assigning dollar amounts to possible changes by the contractor that would save the church money
- Staff conversation about office design revisions
- VE meeting #2 – June 19
Please be in prayer for our team as we move forward to an anticipated fall ground-breaking! As always, we appreciate your support, input, encouragement and giving. If you would like to refresh or make a new commitment to the Immeasurably More campaign, you can visit the giving link for more information.