Northstar Church began in 2003, and since its early days, we’ve enjoyed the hospitality and kindness of the Montgomery Country Public Schools as we’ve met for the past 10 years in Blacksburg Middle School.
We’ve experienced continued growth as a church, numerically and spiritually, and we are humbled by how God has provided and led His people to serve in countless ways in the NRV and the nations in the past 10+ years.
It is with enthusiastic humility that we embark, led by our Leadership Board and pastor, on a significant challenge for our church.
We desire to be rooted – strategically and geographically – to most effectively reach the lost of our communities and equip God’s people for works of service. In order to do so, we are preparing to transition to a ministry center that we can call our own. Some may call it a church building, but in our vision, we want to provide God’s people with a locational resource that can be used by members and the community for a variety of purposes.
Ultimately, it’s not about having a “building.” Our vision of being the church has not shifted. What it’s about it is:
- securing a strategic home base for mission in which we can glorify God by serving one another, our community and the nations
- providing a place in which Christians can worship, learn, connect and enjoy being the church together
- creating a destination for community organizations, businesses and groups to discover hospitality, comfort and welcome as they use our facility for a multitude of purposes
How We Will Get There
Trust. Plain and simple.
If you’re a regular attender or member of Northstar, you know that we have a joyous, unique and special community of people that earnestly love God and others. We also have an incredibly diverse group of people that pass through our doors, including college students, grad students, internationals and families from all over the country. Our financial resources are limited, but we are trusting in an unlimited God for provision for this mission’s vision.
- Trust God with us and for us. Will you please commit to pray regularly for our Next Location? Ask God to encourage His church and glorify His name among us through His provision, leadership and favor.
- Spread the word. If you are a member, regular attender or have been blessed in and through the ministry of the people of Northstar, will you share with others about our hope and vision?
- Tell your church. We believe what God is leading us to do is too big for us, and that it’s a work of His kingdom. Already, other churches have partnered in prayer and giving with us. Give your church an opportunity to be a part of what God is doing in His people here as well.
- Suggested tweet/social media post: “Will you please join me in supporting and praying for @northstarfamily’s Next Location adventure? http://dontgo.be/more”
- If you’re a college or post-grad student, tell your families.
- Give to the Next Location Fund. (see below) We unashamedly ask for your help and personal, sacrificial commitment.
- Place it in the offering baskets on Sundays in a service. (Make sure you indicate NLF.)
- Mail to Northstar Church, PO Box 1001, Blacksburg, VA 24063. (Attention: Next Location). Let us know in the memo portion of the check or somewhere on your gift that it’s intended specifically for the NLF.
- Give online by using a debit or credit card by clicking the button to the right (a percentage is withheld for service fees).