The following was shared with us by our friends over at NLCF.
Coronavirus Prayer Guide
Praying Through Uncertainty:
We are all being impacted in ways that stretch us during this time. We are however not without hope! Now more than ever, our prayers matter. Use this prayer sheet as a resource for you as you pray for the world suffering under the impact of the Coronavirus. You can spend extended time in prayer and pray through the whole sheet at once or pray for one item each day. Use this with your kids by reading one or two verses and then praying for one or two items at a time.
Remember who God is and praise him:
Jesus is the Hope of the world:
In his name the nations will put their hope. Matthew 12:21
Jesus is the light of the world:
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
God is our Rock:
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2
Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people pour out your hearts to him; for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:5-8
God is compassionate:
The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Psalm 145:8
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you. Psalm 86:5
God answers prayer:
Hear my prayer, Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me. Psalm 86:7
So I say to you; Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:9
Pray for the world:
Pray for revival and spiritual awakening
- That God would open hearts to receive Jesus, that they would find their hope in him.
- For believers to be ready and motivated to share with the world around them
Pray for the Church
- For the Church to be full of compassion, mercy, humility, and selflessness and to serve the world and their communities well.
- For pastors and church leaders as they make decisions on how to best shepherd their churches through this time.
- Pray for our church-family relationships to miraculously grow closer even though we’re separated.
Pray for health
- That God would end the spread of the Coronavirus, bring healing, and save lives.
Pray for Government officials and leaders
- That God would give them Godly wisdom and courage as they make important decisions
Pray for health care workers
- That God would give them strength, endurance, and protection from illness.
Pray for schools and universities
- Pray for peace and order as schools make huge adjustments to their learning plans.
- Pray for provision and help for every family trying to educate their children at home.
- Pray for peace upon every college/university community as students finish up their semesters in an unexpected way.
- Pray for university and school employees who still have to work, for peace and protection from the virus.
Pray for businesses and the economy
- Protection from financial devastation and recession.
Pray for those suffering with illness, fear, or grief
- That the Lord would bring peace and comfort to all the broken-hearted and reveal the hope that is found in Jesus.
- Pray for people you know by name who are particularly suffering, especially those who don’t know the love of Jesus.
Pray for the vulnerable, lonely, and most at risk
- Pray for protection from the virus and provision for all their needs.
What else has the Lord put on your heart to pray?
- Pray for that situation or person
Finish by Rejoicing that God is able to do all that we ask. He is good and faithful and moves in response to the prayers of His people!
The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all that he has made.
All your works praise you, Lord;
Your faithful people praise you.
They tell of your kingdom and speak of your might,
So that all people may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom .