What are those crazy kids up to?
Welcome to This Week in Children’s Ministry, the part of the Northstar website where we take a look at what the kids are learning on Sunday morning and keep you up to date with what’s coming up and what your family can begin looking forward to!
- This week, our elementary kids in Jumpstart began a new month with a new Life App: Creativity. Their story this week came right out of Genesis 1, as they heard how God created everything in the universe, just by speaking it into existence!
- Bottom Line – God made everything.
- As you go through each day this week, encourage your kids to remember that God created them to be creative! Get in there with them and color a picture or sculpt with some Play-Doh or write a haiku about the awesomeness of Pokemon!
- Looking or more ideas? Click here for this month’s Jumpstart Parent Cue.
- What are our preschoolers up to? They heard a story about Jesus when He was just a kid. They learned that Jesus was teaching at the Temple. And if Jesus could tell others about God when He was a kid, so can they!
- Bottom Line – I can do what God wants me to do.
- This week, ask your child to think of ways that they can tell people about God.
- Looking for more ideas? Click here for this month’s Bloom Parent Cue.
Don’t forget! This Saturday evening, June 10, we will be having our first ever Jumpstart Family Experience! If you’re the parent of a Jumpstart student or a rising kindergartner, we hope you’ll make plans to join us at the Reserve (204 Draper Rd. NW) starting at 6:00 p.m. This is your opportunity to get a taste of everything that goes on each Sunday in Jumpstart!