What are those crazy kids up to?
Welcome to This Week in Children’s Ministry, the part of the Northstar website where we take a look at what the kids are learning on Sunday morning and keep you up to date with what’s coming up and what your family can begin looking forward to!
- Our elementary kids wrapped up this month’s Life App of CREATIVITY with a look at Adam and Eve and the choice they made to sin by eating fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. That sin damaged humanity’s relationship with God. Thankfully, through Jesus, God provided a way to restore that relationship!
- Bottom Line – God made you to know Him.
- This week, ask your kids what God has done to make it easier for them to know Him.
- Looking or more ideas? Click here for this month’s Jumpstart Parent Cue.
- Our preschoolers heard the story of David & Goliath and learned the importance of being brave. Especially when we know that God has our backs!
- Bottom Line – I can do what God wants me to do.
- This week, find out from your kids what they think it takes to be brave when things get scary!
- Looking for more ideas? Click here for this month’s Bloom Parent Cue.
And, parents, there is a LOT going on in the next few weeks! Are you ready for this? You might want to sit down… Then you’ll want to stand up and cheer because it’s an exciting time for Northstar Kids!
First up, don’t forget about Northstar Kids’ Camp – Gadgets & Gizmos coming up July 17-20! Registration is open now, so head on over and register your kids today! Remember that we’re prepping for camp with a Robot Building Contest that your kids can enter! And if you’re interested, we would love your help in gathering needed supplies for our week at camp. Just stop by the Gadgets & Gizmos table on Sunday to find out what items you can purchase. Anyone else get that Little Mermaid song stuck in their heads whenever they see Gadgets & Gizmos? Probably just me…
Also, BIG small Group is this Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at BCF. Remember that we offer full kids ministry during BIG small Group and this week’s theme is Science! So make sure your kids show up with their minds sharp and curiosity piqued as we prepare to perform some exciting experiments and learn all about self control – not exploding! And be sure to bring a donation for Micah’s Backpack to help with our kids’ summer mission project. This week, you’re encouraged to bring vegetable soup and peanut butter.