What are those crazy kids up to?
Welcome to This Week in Children’s Ministry, the part of the Northstar website where we take a look at what the kids are learning on Sunday morning and keep you up to date with what’s coming up and what your family can begin looking forward to!
- Our elementary kids heard the story of David & Goliath. In this retelling of the classic tale, we focused on King Saul trying to get young David to put on his armor. But David was too small for all that, and he knew that God had a better plan that didn’t require a large man’s armor!
- Bottom Line – God made you to be you!
- This week, be sure to encourage your kids to think of things that make them unique in your family, in their classrooms, among their friends, etc.
- Looking or more ideas? Click here for this month’s Jumpstart Parent Cue.
- Our preschoolers heard about Daniel. No, not about the time he was thrown into the lions’ den. This story was about Daniel refusing to eat the food from the king’s table because he knew that God had a better plan for his diet! Daniel and his friends ate only vegetables and drank only water, knowing it was what God wanted them to do.
- Bottom Line – I can do what God wants me to do.
- This week, encourage your kids to think of what God wants them to do. Ask them if they can do what God wants them to do, even when other people aren’t.
- Looking for more ideas? Click here for this month’s Bloom Parent Cue.
And, parents, there is a LOT going on in the next few weeks! Are you ready for this? You might want to sit down… Then you’ll want to stand up and cheer because it’s an exciting time for Northstar Kids!
First up, don’t forget about Northstar Kids’ Camp – Gadgets & Gizmos coming up July 17-20! Registration is open now, so head on over and register your kids today! Remember that we’re prepping for camp with a Robot Building Contest that your kids can enter! And if you’re interested, we would love your help in gathering needed supplies for our week at camp. Just stop by the Gadgets & Gizmos table on Sunday to find out what items you can purchase. Anyone else get that Little Mermaid song stuck in their heads whenever they see Gadgets & Gizmos? Probably just me…
And we want to say a special thank you to everyone who has stopped by the Gadgets & Gizmos table on Sunday mornings to help out by donating supplies for Kids’ Camp! Without all your help, there’s no way we could pull it off!
Also, BIG small Group is this Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at BCF. Remember that we offer full kids ministry during BIG small Group and this week’s theme is Robots! So make sure your kids show up with their minds sharp and curiosity piqued as we hear about how God made each and every one of us unique! And be sure to bring a donation for Micah’s Backpack to help with our kids’ summer mission project. This week, you’re encouraged to bring 100% juice boxes and individual oatmeal packs.