On Sunday, June 18, a group gathered in the library at Blacksburg Middle School with the expressed purpose of praying for our church, our Immeasurably More campaign, our building team, and each other. If you were unable to join us that morning, you are still able to unite with us in prayer for all these things and more. You are encouraged to look through the following Prayer Sheet and become invested through prayer on your own time.
Praise – Praising God for who He is, His attributes, His name, or His character.
- Attribute: God is The Master Planner
- Definition: One who has the perfect program or method worked out beforehand
- Scripture: Isaiah 25:1, Isaiah 46: 10-11, Jeremiah 29:11
Confession – Silently confessing your sins to the God who forgives.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9 (NASB)
Thanksgiving – Thanking God for what He has done.
In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NASB)
Intercession – Coming to God in prayer on behalf of others.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. – Psalm 25:4-5
- For wisdom and discernment over our IM leadership team as well as our Leadership Board and staff
- IM Team: Jim Rancourt, Darrell Cook, Tim Hagedorn, Travis Jessee, Trey Moore, Justin Yalung, Amy Van Covern
- Pray for them to sense God’s leading and God’s wisdom
- Pray for them to be strengthened in their faith and for their ability to wait patiently on God’s provision and timing
- For unity in our church body and leadership
- That we can seek out and discern the best path forward together
- For open minds and open sharing as we seek the best solutions
- For God to draw us together, helping us to rely on each other’s strengths, and enabling Him to be glorified through the process
- For God’s provision
- That He would raise up in us a joy and cheerfulness in how we give of all He has given us
- That we would make the connections and partnerships we need to move ahead
- That we would seek to be joyful with what He has already given us and trust in His provision rather than seeking out our own (answers, partnerships, financial resources, etc.)
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! – Ephesians 3:20-21
We hope that you will make plans to join us for our next Immeasurably More prayer time when we meet again.