On the week of November 8 most Northstar small groups will begin engaging in conversations about the “lostness” that exist all around us.
- How can Northstar Be The Church in our workplaces, classrooms, and community?
- How do we engage the people around us who do not know Christ?
- How do non-Christian perceptions of Christianity and Christians affect people’s response to the church?
- How does God work most (and through what attitudes) to bring people to faith in Him?
- What role does prayer have in helping someone make a decision to follow Jesus?
To answer these questions (and others), our small groups will look in scripture and use a resource entitled I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus. This resource is useful because the authors gathered data from people who began to follow Christ at a time when Christianity was supposedly in decline in our country.
If you have any questions e-mail Associate Pastor Neal Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credits to Holly Cromer Photography for the great picture of downtown Blacksburg at night.