John Piper once said, “Missions exists because worship does not.”
What he meant is that the distinctive purpose of missions is to introduce people around the world to Jesus Christ and help them grow as disciples. Worship of the one true God is the end result of every genuine mission effort.
Our heartbeat at Northstar is to “be the church.” As the body of Christ, we accept the joyful privilege of being a going, sending, giving and proclaiming church. Everywhere.
Tuesday, March 17, 6:00 p.m.
Our Mission Team is re-forming, and there will be an interest meeting on Tuesday, March 17 at 6:00 p.m. at the ministry center. We’d love to have you participate! If you have a desire to go on future mission trips, to help select strategic mission partnerships, to bless and support those who go (both short-term and long-term) and to educate and equip our members on what God is doing globally in missions, then we encourage you to come to the interest meeting.
Our Mission Team description:
“Neighbors and Nations” – To lead all members of Northstar to actively and intentionally present the Gospel of Christ to their neighbors and to the nations.
To foster a missionary culture in Northstar that informs, inspires, equips and mobilizes people to glorify God locally and globally.
- Informs: We will consistently keep missions in front of the people of Northstar – its history and present opportunity.
- Inspires: We will present the goal of missions as the discipleship of the nations in a way that encourages and enlists people into the cause of missions.
- Equips: We will train, assist, counsel and prepare people to give, pray, serve and go. We will offer practical training experiences for people at all levels of involvement.
- Mobilizes: We will consistently lead all our members to embrace missions as a lifestyle, and some of them as a short-term commitment and others as a life-long, vocational calling.
Twice a year, we will conduct church-wide missions engagement services in which we focus on opportunities and our responsibility and our privilege as the body of Christ to proclaim the name of Jesus to our neighbors and nations.
- We will identify “going” opportunities that prioritize the establishment and proclamation of the Gospel as our primary investments.
- We will offer support to ministries and individuals that do the same.
- We will support existing mission work and we will partner with others to pioneer new works among unreached people groups.
We want to be INTENTIONAL.
We want to be OBEDIENT.
We want to be ENGAGED.
We will support our members and other ministries that align with our vision, purpose and strategy.