At Northstar we take the command to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ seriously. It is important that every Christian understands that living the Christian life is not about a one-time decision to trust in Christ, but a lifetime process of growing in likeness and maturity to Jesus (Romans 8:28,29). With this in mind, the phrase Think 28 has become a motto for our church family. Think 28 refers to two Scripture references: Matthew 28:18-20 and Colossians 1:28 which are commands given to the church to make disciples that grow into spiritual maturity through a love relationship with Jesus Christ.
Northstar seeks to be obedient to these commands by creating a discipleship culture in which we invest in others relationally, in the power of the Holy Spirit and reliance on God’s Word. Our desire is to see others grow to maturity and multiply their lives.
The primary avenue in which Northstar is trusting God to create this culture of discipleship is named D28. The D28 Discipleship Ministry is a five month intensive, leader-led group (3-4) discipleship process. Through participating in D28 you will be challenged through your group to grow in your love for God, understanding of the Scriptures, prayer life, ministry skills and much more.
Some Quick Facts about D28
- Groups of 3-4 (One leader)
- Groups meet at least once a week
- Five sessions (4 weeks each)
- Each session will focus on one overarching topic or doctrine
- Men with men, women with women
- Study of Scripture, books, sermons, etc.
- High value on replication of D28 group after each person has finished
Our next session of D28 will begin this September 2016.
Interested in being a part of a D28 group?
- Fill out the online interest form. Interest forms should be completed by September 4, 2016.
Interested in leading a D28 Group?
- Email Brooke