“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” – John 15:12
But how are we with each other? How do we live out our be the church mentality with Northstar members and attenders?
These questions have been on the hearts and minds of several of our members in recent days. After a lot of thought and prayer, we have begun the process of putting together a Care Team.
The purpose of the Care Team will be to come alongside members and attenders of Northstar who find themselves going through difficult or stressful times. If someone is in the hospital, we want to visit with them. If someone is sick, we want to provide for their needs. If someone has had a baby or welcomed a foster child into their home, we want to bring them meals.
Some ways this team can serve include, but are definitely not limited to:
- Provide meals after a birth, a loss of loved one, or during an illness
- Acknowledge birthdays and anniversaries
- Hospital visits
- Transportation to medical appointments or outpatient surgeries
- Sitting with those waiting on a loved one’s surgery
- Helping with packing and moving
- Child care for overwhelmed parents
- Handyman jobs
When Jesus told us to love one another, it wasn’t a suggestion. It was a command. The people of Northstar want to follow that command and love on each other in the same way Christ loves each of us.