Most of the 3850 international students at Virginia Tech will never enter an American home. As Christians we yearn to take the news of Jesus to the nations–and the nations (47 at least) are here. Some can befriend internationals at work or school, but often we see them as faces at Kroger, on the bus, or on the street, and we don’t know how to connect. International Students Inc. at VT plans to start matching students and host families (or roommates) for three scheduled suppers a semester. If you’re uncertain about preparing a meal for someone from Iran or Italy or another country, we will have a training session before each semester and email communication during the semester.
At a Glance
- What: Looking for hosts for International Supper Clubs
- How: Fixing a supper, training for meals and conversation is provided
- When: Three times/semester
- INTEREST MEETING: Sunday, January 18, after church at BMS
- TRAINING MEETING: Thursday, January 23, 6:00 p.m.
- Who: Contact Carole Dellinger for more info