On October 4, 2018, we are going to launch a new event geared towards the women of Northstar. The first thing we want to emphasize is that this event is meant to include all demographics. College students – you’re invited! Graduate students – you’re invited! Professionals – you’re invited! Moms – you’re invited! Grandparents – you’re invited! Seriously, if you are a female – you are invited.
A common theme we’ve heard among ladies in our church is that they struggle to feel connected. We have been listening, and we want to create opportunities for connections. At the end of August, Julie Jewell, Erin Petersen, Jenny Henry, and I (Megan Evans) sat down to plan a new event – the Ladies’ Lunch. (Side note: we know the name is lacking so if you have any creative ideas for what we can call it going forward, please let one of us know!) Our goal was to include as many ladies as possible, and provide a time of fellowship, prayer, and relationship building.
Why lunchtime on a weekday?
We know that everyone has to eat so we chose the lunch hour for our first meeting time. At our planning meeting, we decided to bump up the start time to 11:30 a.m. and include a half an hour for coffee and socializing before the lunch hour in hopes to include more people. We will have a dedicated time of prayer towards the end of our time together but this first gathering will focus on getting to know one another and building connections that will hopefully grow outside of these events.
Here are a few things we want you all to know:
- We hear you and see you. We really do. We know that you want to be connected to other women in our church and we want that for you as well. We are working on it.
- We are going to miss some of you. We know that the demands of life, whether it is school, work, kids, or other things, will limit the people who can come. The goal is for this to be more than a one time event, so we also ask for patience and feedback while we try some days and times and see what works best for the majority.
- We strongly encourage you to come even if you can’t stay for the entire event. If all you can manage is coming in for a cup of coffee at the start, there is a group of ladies ready to engage and connect with you. If all you can manage is showing up at the end to pray with us, there is a chair at our table for you.
- This is a team effort! Since we first started meeting, our team of four has grown to a team of nine. If you have any interest in joining us, please let us know.
- We are excited and we want you to be as well! This is an amazing opportunity for us as as a church and as women to get together and form relationships that will help cheer us on in the highs and lows of life.
Be on the lookout for an email with an RSVP link and let us know if you are coming so we can save you a seat!