Christmas is a time for us to model the heart of God in giving to others. Each year, we celebrate what God has done as we give toward our Holiday Missions Offering. Missions Sunday (November 12) is when we launch the HMO.
Our generosity toward these missionaries, ministries, and agencies is a wonderful opportunity for us to show our love and gratitude to Christ by giving so that His gospel may be declared around our world, beginning in Blacksburg!
First step is to PRAY! Watch this brief video from the International Mission Board about prayer:
Here is how we will be using what our church family gives:
- 50% of it to missions and ministries that we support, including:
- International Students Inc.
- Campus Ministries:
- VT Baptist Collegiate Ministry
- VT Cru
- Trey Moore (VT Cru)
- Rebecca Lansford (VT Cru)
- Local agencies:
- NRV Pregnancy Resource Center
- Young Life
- Montgomery County Foster agency
- State denominations:
- Baptist General Association of Virginia
- Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia
- 50% to the Lottie Moon Christmas offering (100% of that goes directly to overseas missionaries through the International Mission Board).
- We ask that everyone who is a regular and member at Northstar prayerfully decide an amount that they would like to contribute and then give toward that goal each Sunday in November in December.
- Make sure you write on your check “HMO”
- If you’re giving online, indicate the “Holiday Missions Offering” on the “Select a fund..” option.
- You can bring your money at any time between now and the end of December, but during our December Nights services, we will have a special offering in addition to our regular offering.