We are only 18 days away from our Dig In Celebration. Jeff has said several times that this is a once in a church-lifetime opportunity and when we really think about and wrap our heads around the significance of this event, we cannot help but excited. We hope that you are as excited as we are!
- On August 19, you will go to Blacksburg Middle School like a normal Sunday morning. Instead of making your way into the auditorium for worship, you and your family will board the shuttle and head out to our land on Price’s Fork Road.
- Because of the significance of this event and our desire that everyone attend, we will not offer Children’s Ministry that Sunday morning.
- The service is going to start at 10:00 a.m. so you will need to arrive early so you have time to catch the shuttle.
- We will have a prayer walk set up at the land that you can participate in either before or after the service.
- We will worship through song, Jeff will give a short message, and we will have groundbreaking ceremony.
- Following the service, you will board the bus back to the middle school.
- We will continue celebrating over lunch. If you plan to attend lunch, you need to RSVP by going to dontgo.be/diginrsvp. We will be serving fried chicken, pulled pork barbecue sandwiches, sides, and desserts for lunch. The deadline to respond is August 13, 2018.
- We will have bounce houses set up for the kids. We will also have some yard games for adults.
- We do have a rain plan and will get those details out later this month.
This Sunday has been in the making for 15 years. We sincerely hope you will join us as we celebrate all that the Lord has done and will continue to do through Northstar!