This summer, we’ve encouraged our members and regular attenders to be the church by going into our community. Whether a prayer walk around their neighborhood or hanging out at Blacksburg’s Friday night Concerts on the Lawn, we wanted to encourage relationships.
Being the church for us means getting involved in one another’s lives with an intent to share the love of Christ verbally and in practical ways.
On Sunday, September 17, we will host our first BE’N’GO Sunday. On this Sunday, we are moving “church” into our neighborhoods, apartment complexes and community spaces. We are going to party, to serve, to share and reach out through a variety of projects and gatherings that you will be dreaming up!
That Sunday won’t be church as usual. Our intent is to live sent that Sunday.
Here are some ideas of what you may be participating in:
- Block party for your neighborhood
- Work project for a school
- Having neighbors over for Sunday lunch or dinner
- Service project in the community
- Prayer walking a neighborhood or apartment complex
- Stuffing gift bags for the police and sheriff’s department