The following is mobilization information from Northstar members Jordan Tyrell and Bethany Teague about providing support and relief in New Bern, NC. If you are looking for a way to serve this weekend through Disaster Relief, please prayerfully consider participating.
For more information on Disaster Relief, we partner with Southern Baptist agencies. [Link here for more information about Disaster Relief opportunities and training.]
- Fill out the interest form for future DR opportunities here.
New Bern, NC Mobilization
Thank you to all those who have responded with interest in Hurricane Florence relief for North Carolina. Whether you can travel or not, we can use your help!
Plans are coming together for a trip this weekend to New Bern, one of the most devastated cities. We are coordinating directly with Brice’s Creek Bible Church, which is pastored by Bethany Teague’s dad. Here’s what we have so far…
For those interested in traveling:
- Main group meets at the ministry center at 5:30pm this Friday, September 21 to load up supplies and hit the road. This is normally a 5-6 hour drive, but with ever-changing road closures, be prepared for a longer trip.
- Tanner Blankenship will be leaving around 7am on Saturdaywith a trailer full of donations. He can take three additional people if Saturday is better for you.
- We will be housed Friday and Saturday night in the homes of Brice’s Creek Bible Church members.
- We begin work at 8am Saturday. Most of us will be doing debris cleanup around the area, while others will head to distribution centers. Lunch will be provided.
- We will also work from 8-10am Sunday, then we are invited to join Brice’s Creek for a worship service from 10:45am to about 12:15pm. We will head back to Blacksburg after church ends.
- Please contact Bethany Teague at email@example.com or 252-671-1234 if you want to come, and please indicate if you are willing to drive/how many people you could take.
- There is a desperate need for water! Also, things like diapers, canned food and other everyday items are needed. Whether you are traveling or not, we would love for you to drop off donations to the ministry center anytime from 9-4pm from now through Friday.
- While the priority is water, we can also use yard work equipment like rakes, chainsaws, etc.
Thank you again for being the church!