Are you ready for Northstar’s next BE’N’GO Sunday? If you are not sure what BE’N’GO Sunday is all about click here for some context.
Here are a few things you need to know about BE’N’GO Sunday…
- BE’N’GO Sunday is for EVERYONE.
- If you attend Northstar and you are reading this then prayerfully consider participating.
- Neighboring is the focus.
- For our purposes neighboring means getting to know our geographical neighbors. In our cultural context many of us know very little about the people we live by even though Jesus said the second greatest commandment is to “love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39)
- Keep it simple
- For lack of better language you will hear us talk about hosting a “neighboring event” which may have the connotation of something big or complex. However, since the purpose is for us to get to know our neighbors, doing something that takes a lot of work might detract from the “why.” Inviting a few neighbors to a cook out, to play corn-hole, or just to “hang out” can give a lot more time for conversation.
If you have questions please feel free to contact Neal Nelson. Also let me know if you are planning to host a BE’N’GO event please let me know so we can prayerfully support and celebrate every place Northstar will be the church on April 22.
Neighboring Events Map
This map shows where church family plans to host neighboring events of some kind.