Northstar is a covenant membership church. That means that we renew our church membership on an annual basis and that our membership is centered around a membership covenant. (see below) Having a covenant membership means that we want membership to be meaningful.
Our Membership Class
Discovering Northstar is our membership class. It is a great way to discover the who, what, when, where and why of Northstar. We cover our vision, values and ministry hopes as well as provide a time of Q&A. Groups are scheduled for the first Sunday of each month, normally. It is a one-session group and does not obligate you to join.
The goal of Discovering Northstar is three-fold:
- We hope you will come to see the value of uniting with the Northstar family.
- We hope that you will choose to affirm your belief in Jesus.
- We hope you will join us on mission as we present the Gospel to our community, state and world.
Here are the things that you will learn in Discovering Northstar.
- Our Salvation: We embrace a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Our Love: Because God is love, we also love Him and one another. Our relationships with God and others are our greatest joy.
- Our Beliefs: What we embrace as the teachings of Scripture.
- Our Structure: How Northstar is organized for leadership, development and discipleship.
- Our Strategy & Vision: We agree on the overall plan we will use to reach our community and the compelling future that God has for us as we follow Him.
Why join a church?
Many people ask, “Why is it important to join a church?” It’s a great question, and we’ve written a document called Membership Matters to help you understand why it’s biblical to join a church.
Are you ready?
For more information and preparation, you can view or download our membership notebook and covenant below: